Monday, January 25, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge

After seeing various blogs talking about the 2010 Debut Author Challenge I decided to check it out. Once I looked into it I figured I might as well join in on the fun because there are already a few books that I'm looking forward to reading that qualify for this challenge.

So here goes. The 2010 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren and I copy/pasted this from her blog.



The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels. *Please keep all choices to those authors whose debut work comes out in 2010.

Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate.
If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.

The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!

You can go here to sign up for the challenge.

As of right now the following books are on my Debut Author Challenge list. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
The Dark Divine - Bree Despain
The Lonely Hearts Club - Elizabeth Eulberg
The Secret Year - Jennifer Hubbard
Before I fall - Lauren Oliver
The Naughty List - Suzanne Young
Leaving Gee's Bend - Irene Latham
Dirty Little Secrets - Cynthia Jaynes Omololu
The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin - Josh Berk
The Line by Teri Hall
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride

Links will also be available to my reviews and this post on the left sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for joining the challenge! you have a great list! i think it's going to be a lot of fun! hope you enjoy all of your books! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails