Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. Not only does she seem like a great person who I would like to support, but the book itself seems like something I would really enjoy. I absolutely LOVE the cover of Hex Hall. I knew what the cover looked like, but a few days ago I was reading Rachel's blog and she posted a picture of Hex Hall on her bookshelf at home and I thought to myself, "that looks like a short book." That's when I realized that she did not have a mirror underneath her book (and yes, I'm aware that the reflection on the book is a different look for the girl). Afterwards, I felt slightly stupid but since I usually own my stupidness, there it is for everyone.

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins releases on March 2, 2010

From Goodreads:
When Sophie Mercer turned thirteen, she discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-Gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hecate Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward prodigium, a.k.a. witches, fae, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard. Three powerful enemies who look like supermodels; a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock; a creepy, tag-along ghost; and a new roommate, who happens to be the most-hated person and only vampire on campus. Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her friend Jenna is the number one suspect. Meanwhile, Sophie has a more personal shock to grapple with. Not only is her father the head of the prodigium council, he's the most powerful warlock in the world, and Sophie is his heir. As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all prodigium, especially her.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails