Friday, February 12, 2010

Flashback Friday (1)


Flashback Friday was started by Jacki over at Lovely Little Shelf and is a chance to share with others books that you loved as a kid or teenager.

Now when I was a kid, reading was my favorite pastime and I always had a book in my backpack. My biggest book collection from my younger days consisted of the Sweet Valley series. It didn't matter how old the twins were, if I found a book dealing with them, I bought it.

One thing my mom and I did frequently was visit thrift stores and I loved this outing because I could always find at least two Sweet Valley High books at each store. I still have my collection at my mom's house and it takes up a solid box and a half..and let me tell you, they are not small boxes.

I loved so many things about this series and when it was made into a tv show, you can bet your buttons I watched it. Now that there's talk of a movie and more books following Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield, chances are I'll watch or read them just to pay homage to what these books meant to me growing up, because if there are any books that define my childhood and pre-teen years..these are it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that yours are still around. I passed all of my books (BSC, SVH, all the others) on to a younger cousin and who knows where they went from there. I'd kill to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my BSC and SVH books have gone away. I wish I still had them, we could do a read along for old times sake!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails