Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Suzanne Collins

I debated about making the third and final book of The Hunger Games trilogy my Waiting on Wednesday book this week. The title, The Victors, is tentative and I have no shiny cover graphic to go along with this post, however, if there is one book I'm looking forward to in 2010, this is it.

If you've read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (and aren't of the few who didn't like it) then you'll know why I'm excited for this book to come out. Not only are the first two books captivating but The Hunger Games was the book that got my husband interested in audio books.

My husband hates reading and every time he picks up a book he starts to yawn uncontrollably, which then causes him never to read. When I finished chapter two of The Hunger Games I was telling him about the story so far and he said, "That actually sounds like something I might like," so I made it my mission to download it from audible.com and put it on his iPod so he could listen to it during his long work commute. This was in September and since then he has listened to seven audio books and is working on number 8.

Although I don't want the story to end, I can't wait to see where Collins takes Katniss, Peeta, and crew. August cannot come fast enough.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails