Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cut - Patricia McCormick

Back in February I won Patricia McCormick's Cut from Angel at An Everyday Angel and have just now gotten around to reading it.

Cut is about Callie, a fifteen year who has landed herself in a treatment facility for cutting. She refuses to speak to anyone, including her therapist, until she realizes that she wants to get better.

From the description on the back of the book it seemed like it would be interesting but I struggled to finish it, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have finished so soon after starting except that I wanted to finish this for my online book club's book challenge.

I never felt invested in any of the characters and the story itself came off as flat. All this book seemed to be, in my opinion, was more about Callie's observations of the people around her than her actual problem. This book could have been so much better than it was and I have to wonder how much of the three years McCormick spent on this book, was dedicated to research. Anybody who has any idea what cutting is, could tell you what she does in this book.

I also didn't care for the second person point of view or the fact that this book was 138 pages and only three chapters.

1 comment:

  1. An honest review. I have not read this, but based on your review I think I can skip it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails