Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers

After hearing many good things about Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers, I made this my first "I just got a new library card and am going to use it" book.

Regina is part of the Fearsome Fivesome and the social standing in Hallowell High cannot get any better. After nasty rumors start circulating, Regina finds herself frozen out of her group and everyone hates her and wants revenge. She then finds herself in a complicated relationship with Michael Hayden, one of the many people she tormented on behalf of her ex-best friend, Anna. Will Regina have the strength and courage to stand up to the people now making her life a living hell or will she roll over and take what she thinks she deserves for being one of the mean girls?

This book was INCREDIBLE and I must add this to my collection. I loved the characters because they seemed to really pop off the page and it showed just how cruel high school kids can really be. Even though Regina was originally as bad as the rest, there were parts that unexpectedly made my eyes sting and I felt a lump rising in my throat because I just felt SO bad for her and I just wanted to hug her.

The only down side to this book was I think it could have been a little bit longer. There was all this stuff going on toward the end and then all of a sudden it's done and over and the ending just seemed easy.

I'm really looking forward to reading more books by Courtney Summers so please excuse me while I go add Cracked Up To Be to my library holds list..

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this book too, totally reminded me of "Mean Girls" but way worse and not as funny.

    I am in the middle of Cracked Up to Be to see what it is about and so far, I am not disappointed!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails