Monday, May 17, 2010

The Awakening - Kelley Armstrong

As soon as I put down The Summoning, I picked up The Awakening because I couldn't sleep since I just had to know what happened to Chloe and friends. 

The Awakening is book two in Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Power series and it follow Chloe, Simon, Derek, and Tori as they're on the run from the Edison Group. The Edison Group wants them because they were a part of genetic experiment and they want to either rehabilitate or exterminate those whose powers cannot be controlled. While running from the group, they're also trying to seek out help from Simon and Derek's dad, Kit. Will they be able to find him before the Edison Group finds them? What will happen to them if they're captured? What will happen to Chloe if she can't stop raising the dead accidentally?

I think a big part of why I enjoyed this book so much is that as many obstacles that Chloe and crew are thrown, it's never an easy out. They have to fight to get away, help protect each other, help each other out even when they don't want to, and learn how to use their powers. 

I definitely saw a lot of growth in each character and I really liked that it didn't turn into a love story. Chloe's relationship with Simon was starting to blossom but she was realistic about the situation and saw that it wasn't exactly the prime time to carry on while on the run.

I've already finished reading The Reckoning, so look for that to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails