Sunday, May 30, 2010

In My Mailbox (13)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and all you have to do is post about what books you received that week by mail, library, or store.

This was quite the eventful week for acquiring books. Last weekend my husband and I went to Tennessee as an anniversary getaway and to visit Julie. We had a blast and while we were there Julie took me to this awesome used bookstore. I made a mental note before we went in that I was only going to buy books from the bargain section and so I came out of there with The Secret Life of Bees, Under the Tuscan Sun, and Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.

As soon as I saw Fried Green Tomatoes I knew I had to get it because my book club mentioned reading that and having our discussion at The Irondale Cafe (The Origninal Whistle Stop), because how can you not live in the same city as the famous cafe and not discuss the book there?

Julie also let me borrow her copy of Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris since that's my book club's June pick. Thanks Julie!

Lastly, I FINALLY was able to get Kristina McBride's debut book, The Tension of Opposites. On our way home from Tennessee, I asked my husband if we could stop at Books-A-Million to see if they had it on the shelf early..they did not. That wasn't a big deal and was to be expected but I went back on Tuesday and when I couldn't find it, I asked about it. Turns out neither the title or the author's name were even listed in the computer!

I decided that Thursday was going to be spent calling various bookstores in the area until I found a copy because, yes, I was THAT excited to read this book. Luckily my second call proved successful and although they didn't have it in the store, Little Professor said they could get it for me by the next afternoon. Thanks to Little Professor, I can spend part of my Memorial Day reading Kristina's book.

What books did you receive this past week? Have you read any of the ones I got?

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to enter to win a signed copy of Lindsey Leavitt's Princess for Hire.

Happy Reading/Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails