Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family is the tenth book in Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse series and I really don't know where to start with this. 

Basically, this book is post Fae War and Sookie is hoping things kind of die down (no pun intended) but that goes out the window when 1. her Fairy cousin Claude requests to live with her, 2. Eric's maker and uncontrollable vampire brother come for a visit, 3. Bill is sick with silver poisoning, 4. the Weres are facing registration by the government to keep up with them, and 5. Sookie has been informed by some Weres that there is a strange Fairy smell in her woods that is not her cousin Claude.
Although the above summary kind of makes it seem like a lot happens, to me it seemed like nothing happened. This book was just OK and I was kind of disappointed in it since I've been waiting to read this since last May. 

Someone from my online book club said it best and I have to agree that either Charlaine is running out of steam with these books or this was just one of those books that is there solely to set up the next one. 

I've been a fan of Eric from the beginning and I hated how weak he was in this book and I also am not too fond of the Fae storyline. I really hope she shifts away from that in future books and goes back to focusing mostly on the Vampires and Weres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails