Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong

I have officially finished the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong. My library seemed to be taking forever with my hold on The Reckoning, so when I was out last week and saw it at Target, I immediately picked it up and put it in my cart.

After running from the Edison Group and finally making it to their destination, Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori are now at a safe house with Andrew, a friend of Derek and Simon's dad, with a group that has been watching the Edison Group's activities.

Now that there's proof that the Edison Group is messing with stuff they shouldn't, plans of taking them down are starting to be made. The only problem is, not everyone believes what the kids are telling them. While at the safe house, Chloe accompanies Derek outside one night to be with him in case he changes, and while they're outside there is an attack by two werewolves and that's when they realize that someone that they're supposed to be trusting is really working against them. Can they find out who it is before it's too late? Will they go along with the plan to go back to Edison House to rescue traitors Rae and Chloe's Aunt Lauren? Or will they try to escape for a third time and rescue them on their own?

I'm so glad I ended up buying this book because even though I'm sad it's over, I'm happy that I got to find out what happened. I am honestly very pleased with what went on in this book and how it ended and I loved that whether Kelley decides to do another series of books, it's an ending that will allow her to go either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails